Thursday, January 20, 2011

Creative Hour


Your goal is to create a minimum of 300 words in one hour on one of the following topics. You may use a dictionary or thesaurus. You must do your best with the time you have! Hand in what you have finished after exactly one hour. Write with the highest level of diction and creativity that you can!

2. Take the first line of a nursery rhyme to start your story
 "Mary, Mary, quite contrary". He argued. "Obviously Santa isn't real. It would be physically impossible for him to make his way around to all the millions of children on this Earth in one night. That guy in the mall is just there to fool dumb kids like you, he's just some guy."
"No way, Drake! Santa is so real!" I replied.
My older brother was just trying to bother me, he had to be. What would I do if Santa wasn't..? First off, my parents would have been lying to me for six years, but if he was real then Drake would be lying to me right now. It's as if I have to choose between believing my parents, or my brother.
That's it, I decided. I'm going to figure out if Santa actually exists. I am going to start by writing letters to him, asking for proof of his existence, then I am going to go to the mall and visit him personally.
That night, I wrote a letter to Santa.
Dear Santa.
My name is Mary Elizabeth Janns and I am six years old. I am having a really difficult time right now. I realize that I have already mailed you a letter already containing my Christmas list, but I have one last thing that I would like to ask  you.. My brother, Drake says that you don't exist, but my parents said that you do. So I really am lost. I don't know who to believe now. I know that you are busy during this time of the year, but i would really appreciate if you could write me a letter back with your signature and a photo of yourself.
Thank you Santa (if that is your name)
From,
Mary Elizabeth Janns.
I decided that I was tired after writing the letter so I would mail it on the way to the mall tomorrow, and I went to bed.
Then next morning I woke up, and opened up my pink curtains to look out the window of my bedroom. There was fresh snow on the ground and I wanted oh so badly to go out and make a snowman or a snow angel. But I couldn't. I had a mission today, so the snow would have to wait. I got dressed and put on my winter coat, my mittens, my scarf, hat, and my snow boots, all ready to go to the mall. When I walked downstairs I noticed that my Mum had cooked up some pancakes with bananas and chocolate chips, and they are my favorite, so I took off all my winter clothing and had some breakfast.
Once I was done I got dressed up again and had my Mum take me to the mall to go and visit Santa. I waited for a long time in the line up then it was my turn. I sat down on Santa's lap.
"Have you been a good girl this year?" He asked me.
"Yes. Are you really Santa?" I asked.
"What would you like for Christmas?" He asked me.
I didn't get why he kept ignoring my question, so i asked again. "Are you really Santa?"
Then Santa replied, "Of course I am, I get asked this every year by little girls and boys just as curious as you. Sometimes I'm not the one to deliver presents to your house and fill your stocking because I am such a busy man. I call your parents some years and ask them to do me the favour of putting your presents under the tree for me, not because I don't want to visit your house, but because I want to make sure that every boy and girl in the world gets at least one visit from me in their lifetime. So yes, I am Santa."
"Thank-you Santa." I answered. Then I got my photo taken with him by the photographer and walked away with my Mum.
Then I remembered that I still had a letter to send to Santa, but decided that I wouldn't because now i know for sure that he is real. And i don't want to have to send him a letter and make him even busier.
When I went home, I went up to Drake and explained to him what Santa had explained to me.
I had the best Christmas ever, knowing that Santa truely does care.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment